RIVERINA XLR8 PELLETS are a high protein, high-energy feed designed to be fed to growing beef calves from 12 weeks of age in conjunction with hay, chaff and/or pasture.
|Objective||Paddock Assist, Growing|
|Lifestage||Adult, Calf, Weaner|
|Packaging||Bagged, Bulk, Bulka Bag|
Features & Benefits
- Contains digestible ingredients for young calves.
- NO UREA is used; vegetable protein meals provide natural protein, as building blocks for growth.
- RIVERINA XLR8 PELLETS contain rumen buffers and modifiers to enhance growth and performance.
- Supplies essential nutrients for growth when fed with roughage.
- Contains essential vitamins, minerals and flavouring.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into calf nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
Barley, maize, sorghum, wheat, millrun, vegetable protein meals, pulses, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, salt, buffer, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix. - Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
|CALCIUM||%||:||0.80 - 1.20|
|SALT||%||:||0.40 - 1.00|
- Gradually introduce XLR8 PELLETS over a 3 week period, start feeding at 0.5% liveweight / head / day for the first 5 days. This can be gradually increased to higher levels over the next 2 weeks.
- Cool, clean, fresh water must be available at all times.
Feed at 0.5 – 1.5% liveweight / head / day depending on size, age of calf and quality of roughage available. It can be used as a supplement for adult cattle when grazing low protein, low quality pastures.
Can be used in troughs or self-feeders if young calves enter a feedlot. Must be fed with roughage/hay and used with an appropriate induction program. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle”.
XLR8 PELLETS are ideal for early weaning calves >100kg liveweight. Lighter calves should be fed CALF REARER CRUMBLES.
- Week 1 offer 0.5kg / head / day in troughs. Increase to 1kg / head / day when the calves are leaving troughs empty. Allow adequate trough space for all calves to eat at once.
- Week 2 offer 1kg / head / day of XLR8 PELLETS and offer any other dry licks/molasses supplements that will be used after weaning.
- Good quality leafy hay must be available at all times eg oaten hay or irrigated Rhodes Grass hay.*
Water – Must be cleaned daily.
Calves can be maintained for longer periods if necessary.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at the rate of 30 mg/kg to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis and to improve weight gain and feed efficiency.
Cool, shaded, dry conditions, away from vermin
Six months from the date of manufacture
Meat – Nil
THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to supplement hay and/or pasture feeding.