The production facilities at Riverina allow us to produce horse feeds in a range of forms to suit most horses. We have a specialist horse plant for the manufacture of high molasses loose mixes, steam flaking technology as well as pellets. At Riverina Stock Feeds, we strive to support local riders in their competitions by providing more than just quality stock feed ~ Learn More
RIVERINA WORKHORSE MIX is a muesli mix for all working horses undertaking moderate to heavy workloads on a regular basis. It is a suitable supplementary feed for all sporting horses, horses working cattle, polo horses, trotters and horses in moderate competition work.
- Steam flaked barley, whole oats, steam flaked maize, cottonseed meal, soybean meal, sunflower seeds, lucerne chaff, white chaff, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, salt, lysine, choline chloride, mould inhibitor, Riverina equine vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED.
- RIVERINA WORKHORSE MIX must be fed in conjunction with chaff, hay and / or pasture.
- The below feeding rates are a guide only and should be adjusted according to the horses condition and roughage quality.
|Exercise Level||300 kg||400 kg||500 kg||600 kg|
|Light||1.5 - 2.5 kg||2.0 - 3.0 kg||2.5 - 3.5 kg||3.0 - 4.0 kg|
|Moderate||2.0 - 3.0 kg||2.75 - 3.75 kg||3.5 - 4.5 kg||4.25 - 5.25 kg|
|Heavy||2.5 - 3.5 kg||3.5 - 4.5 kg||4.5 - 5.5 kg||5.5 - 6.5 kg|
- Split suggested feeding rate between 2 feeds daily.
- If pasture is limited, a minimum of 1% bodyweight should be fed as hay and / or chaff.
- New feed needs to be introduced gradually over 10-14 days.
- Always ensure your horse has access to cool, clean, fresh water.
- Do not feed more than 3kg in one meal.
- RIVERINA WORKHORSE MIX contains a combination of steam flaked (cooked) grains and palatable ingredients generously covered in molasses.
- A sweet feed that uses a high molasses level.
- High energy from a combination of higher vegetable oil levels and cooked cereals.
- Sodium and chloride have a role in maintaining normal electrolyte balance in body tissues during heavy exercise.
- Added amino acids and high quality proteins from soybean meal.
- Contains extra vitamin E as an antioxidant and selenium for normal growth and fertility.
- Contains a custom protein, vitamin and mineral pellet to help reduce fine material.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into horse nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.