Grains are the major energy source in most animal diets. The energy levels are related to the amount of starch in the grain. The ranking from highest to lowest in energy is maize, sorghum, wheat, barley then oats. For more information on trading in Grains see the Commodities page.
RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED OATS are steam cooked, then flaked and blended with molasses. They can be used to make up part of a balanced diet for horses and other animals.
- Oats, molasses, mould inhibitor.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED.
- RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED OATS can be used as a base feed or an additive to existing feed.
- Should be fed in conjunction with chaff, hay and / or pasture.
- New feeds need to be introduced gradually over 10-14 days.
- Always ensure your horse has access to cool, clean, fresh water.
- Steam flaking gelatinizes the starch in the oats and makes it more easily digested by the animal.
- Improved palatability.
- RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED OATS provide valuable fibre to balance the diet.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.