This range is designed as supplementary feeds for cattle and sheep and do not contain copper. Most are high protein crumb or liquid feeds fed at lower feeding rates to balance pastures.
RIVERINA RUMINANT NUTS / PELLETS are a supplementary feed for sheep and cattle in times of poor pasture quality or drought situations (supplemented with hay) and can also be used as a maintenance supplement.
- Barley, sorghum, wheat, bran and pollard, urea, vegetable protein meals, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, salt, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to be fed with abundant pasture and / or hay.
- The nuts are ideal for feeding sheep on the ground either in clumps or trailed out.
- When feeding cattle, troughs are preferred over feeding on the ground as it will reduce wastage.
- Whatever the method of feeding, it is important that there is enough trough space or feed on the ground, so all animals can eat at once. This will help prevent “bullies” over consuming the nuts/pellets, leading do digestive upsets.
- Below are some suggested feeding rates for RIVERINA RUMINANT NUTS / PELLETS. The level of feeding will be determined by pasture quality and animal condition.
|Animal Type||Approximate Feeding Rate|
|Young lambs and wethers||Up to 100 grams per day|
|Ewes with young lambs||Up to 500 grams per day|
|Cattle-weaners||Up to 2.0 kg per day|
|Cattle-steers||Up to 3.0 kg per day|
|Cows with calves||Up to 5.0 kg per day|
- Clean, fresh water must be available at all times
- It is important to adapt stock to RIVERINA RUMINANT NUTS/PELLETS, feed intakes should be increased gradually over a 3 week period to minimise the risk of digestive upsets
|CALCIUM||%||:||1.00 - 1.35|
|PHOSPHORUS||%||:||0.50 - 0.80|
- Available as nuts or pellets to suit different feeding situations.
- RIVERINA RUMINANT NUTS / PELLETS are a medium protein, moderate energy feed that is safer to feed than a high grain diet.
- Contains a mix of bypass and readily available proteins.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
Meat – Nil.
Milk – Nil