The production facilities at Riverina allow us to produce horse feeds in a range of forms to suit most horses. We have a specialist horse plant for the manufacture of high molasses loose mixes, steam flaking technology as well as pellets. At Riverina Stock Feeds, we strive to support local riders in their competitions by providing more than just quality stock feed ~ Learn More
RIVERINA PRE TRAINER GRAIN MIX is high energy supplement for young horses undergoing early training programs. This mix contains OATS and is designed for yearlings of equine disciplines and racing.
- Steam flaked barley, steam flaked lupins, steam flaked maize, oats (whole), soybean meal, black sunflower (whole), sodium bentonite, bran and pollard, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable oil, molasses, salt, magnesium oxide, lysine, mould inhibitor, antioxidant, Riverina equine vitamin and mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED.
- This supplement must be fed in conjunction with good quality pasture, hay and / or chaff. The roughage must make up at least 50% of the horses daily feed intake (90% dry matter basis).
- Additional protein sources may be required depending on the other ingredients and roughage being fed. Seek nutritional advice to formulate a complete diet.
- The feeding rate below is a guide only and should be adjusted to the horse’s body condition, work load and roughage quality.
|Yearling Body Weight||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|200kg||1.0 - 1.5 kg / head / day|
|300kg||1.5 - 2.0 kg / head / day|
|400kg||2.0 - 2.5 kg / head / day|
- Split suggested feeding rate between two feeds daily. Do not feed more than 3 kg in one meal.
- This feed needs to be introduced gradually over 10 – 14 days.
- Reduce feeding rate on rest days or if training program is interrupted.
- High quality protein sources are used to provide natural protein, as building blocks for growth.
- Contains a custom protein pellet with balanced vitamin and minerals required for metabolism, growth, strong bones and a healthy coat.
- A mixture of steam flaked, processed grains for better digestion.
- Contains sunflower seeds to enhance oil content for good coat condition and increased energy.
- Supportive antioxidants such as vitamin E and selenium for circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
- Consult your Riverina nutritionist before feeding additional grains or supplements.