There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL is a high energy feed for feedlotting cattle to maximize growth and MUST be fed in conjunction with a roughage source.
- Barley, sorghum, other cereal grains, millrun, urea, vegetable protein meals, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, buffer, salt, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to be fed with roughage or pasture feeding.
- Roughage should be supplied ad lib and slowly be reduced over the introduction period to not less than 20% of their total intake on a dry matter basis.
- Use grassy or cereal hay, straw or silage+straw. Do not use legume based hay or silage when feedlotting cattle as these roughage sources can increase the risk of bloat and may not contain adequate fibre levels.
- Cattle need free access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL is a high grain feed and should be gradually introduced to the cattle over a 3 week introduction period to allow the rumen to adapt to the diet and avoid acidosis (grain poisoning). The following table gives a sample introduction program for feedlot cattle using RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL and grassy hay.
|DAYS ON FEED||FEEDLOT PELLETS||ROUGHAGE|
|23 and over||80%||20%|
All feed (roughage & feedlot pellets/meal) and water should be available at all times.
- RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL can be used in the following situations:
- FEEDLOT:– Use as the main feed source (in conjunction with hay, straw or silage+straw) for feedlot cattle. Cattle will usually eat approximately 2.5% of body weight in feed per day on a dry matter basis.
- PASTURE SUPPLEMENTATION:– Provided there is adequate roughage in the paddock, cattle should have unlimited access to RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL after a 3 week adaptation period. When using a self-feeder, it is important to place it at some distance from the water source. This will ensure that the pastures are utilised to their full potential. Move the feeder if the cattle begin to “eat out” the pastures between the feeder and water source. Feed intakes with this system are difficult to predict and may vary from 1% to 2% of body weight.
- DROUGHT FEEDING:– For maintenance during drought conditions RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL should be fed daily at approximately 1% of body weight and be fed with free access to hay, silage+straw or straw.
- MANAGEMENT: – The adaption period where cattle are changed from grazing pasture to a high energy grain based diet is of critical importance. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle” or contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
NOTE: Feed intakes will vary due to a number of factors. including animal weight, age, body condition, environmental conditions, stocking rates etc.
|SALT||%||:||0.20 - 0.5|
- Convenient as already mixed and ready for use.
- RIVERINA FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL helps promote excellent condition and growth rates.
- Contains vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients for growth.
- Palatable for finishing cattle.
- Includes rumen buffers and modifiers to enhance performance.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 25 mg/kg of feed to improve feed efficiency and weight gain (pasture cattle).