There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA CATTLE PROTEIN MINERAL PELLETS are a supplementary feed for beef and dairy cattle in times of poor pasture quality, or diminishing pasture supply. They provide bypass protein, readily available protein, minerals and vitamins.
- Canola meal, soybean meal, palm kernel meal, bran and pollard, cereal grains, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, salt, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. Cattle should be consuming at least 2% of body weight daily in dry matter from pasture and/or hay/silage.
- Feed in troughs, self-feeders or as part of a total mixed ration.
- RIVERINA CATTLE PROTEIN MINERAL PELLETS are used to balance cattle diets when there is an abundant supply of low protein pasture. The feeding rates are low because of the high protein content of the pellet.
- Beef Cattle – When pasture quality is low this is a safe option to boost protein intake.
- Dairy Cattle – Can be used to complement bail feeding to lift the intake of bypass protein and minerals to high producing dairy cows or help balance a TMR diet.
- Dairy Heifers & Dry Cows – It is suitable for dairy replacement heifers grazing lower quality pastures to ensure optimal growth or for dry cows in low body condition. (In the last 4 weeks prior to calving RIVERINA MILK MAKER SPRINGER PELLETS are recommended).
- Below are the suggested feeding rates for RIVERINA CATTLE PROTEIN MINERAL PELLETS. The level of feeding will be determined by pasture quality and animal condition.
|Animal Type||Appoximate Feeding Rate|
|Cattle-weaners, Heifers||Up to 1.0 kg / head / day|
|Cattle-steers, Dairy Dry Cows||Up to 1.5 kg / head / day|
|Beef Cows with Calves||Up to 2.0 kg / head / day|
|Lactating cows||Consult your Riverina nutritionist for advice.|
- Clean water needs to be available at all times.
- Consult your Riverina representative for assistance to achieve the most cost effective option for your farm when using RIVERINA CATTLE PROTEIN MINERAL PELLETS.
- A low grain and no urea diet that is safe to feed.
- RIVERINA CATTLE PROTEIN MINERAL PELLETS consist of
protein in the form of canola meal and soybean meal and balanced levels of calcium, phosphorus, vitamins and minerals.
- The high protein helps stimulate the rumen microbes and will help encourage cattle to graze pastures more efficiently.
- Compared to using a straight protein meal these pellets also contain balanced vitamins and trace minerals.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
Meat – Nil.
Milk – Nil.