There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA BOSSE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT is a palatable, free flowing molasses based liquid supplement to be mixed with grain and roughage to form a balanced feed for feedlotting cattle. It is suitable to be fed to growing/finishing cattle of most ages and supplies essential nutrients required for performance.
- Molasses, limestone, urea and other nonprotein nitrogen sources, salt, ammonium sulphate, Rumensin®, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- Include at the rate of 4-5% (40 to 50 kg/tonne) of the total feedlot ration.
- Inclusion rates are based on the total diet having 70-90% Dry Matter for cattle fed up to 120 days.
- If young calves/cattle (under 300kg’s) are being fed, extra protein sources may be required.
- Additional lime may need to be included in the mix for some classes of cattle, in order to ensure an optimal calcium level.
- It is recommended that a rumen buffer be used in the ration during the starter phase as this will aid in the prevention of acidosis. Sodium bentonite at 2% or sodium bicarbonate at 0.5-1.0% of the ration is adequate.
- Cattle must have access to clean, fresh water at all times.
- To allow for uniformity of mixing it is desirable for the BOSSE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT to be the last ingredient added to the mixing wagon.
- When feeding cattle high grain diets should be gradually introduced to the cattle to allow the rumen to adapt and to avoid acidosis/grain poisoning. Small amounts should be fed at first, slowly increasing over a 3 week period. The following table gives an indication of a sample introductory period for the cattle.
|Days on Feed||Feedlot Mix||Concentrate||Roughage|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||35%||5%||60%|
|8 - 12||45%||5%||50%|
|13 - 17||55%||5%||40%|
|18 - 22||65%||5%||30%|
|23 and over||75%||5%||20%|
- MANAGEMENT:- The adaption period where cattle are changed from grazing pasture to a high energy grain based diet is of critical importance. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle” or contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- Held in suspension, settling is reduced so that there is a consistent supply of nutrients to the ration.
- The use of nonprotein nitrogen will maximise organic matter fermentation and microbial protein synthesis.
- FLEXIBLE – Formulated so that this supplement can be mixed with all grain types to provide a balanced feedlot ration.
- CONVENIENT – Available in easy handling 1 tonne modules or in bulk.
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS – The use of only the highest quality ingredients ensures palatability while minimizing dust and shrinkage in the finished ration.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition
This supplement contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 360mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for improved feed conversion efficiency.