There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA 80% FEEDLOTTERS CONCENTRATE is a protein, vitamin and mineral concentrate with Rumensin® and Flavo® for feedlot cattle > 200kg liveweight. The concentrate is to be mixed with rolled grain and MUST be fed with a roughage source.
- Protein meals, urea, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, ammonium sulphate, salt, Flavo®, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- FEEDLOT: Mix 4% (Cattle over 300kg) or 5% (Cattle 200 – 300kg) of RIVERINA 80 % FEEDLOTTERS CONCENTRATE with 20% roughage and the balance (76% or 75%) rolled grain and thoroughly mix to form a balanced feedlot ration for cattle.
- Cattle must be gradually introduced to high grain diets and the following table gives a sample introduction program for feedlot cattle 200 – 300kg liveweight.
|DAYS ON FEED||GRAIN||CONCENTRATE||ROUGHAGE|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||35%||5%||60%|
|8 - 12||45%||5%||50%|
|13 - 17||55%||5%||40%|
|18 - 22||65%||5%||30%|
|23 and over (under 300kgs)||75%||5%||20%|
|23 and over (over 300kgs)||76%||4%||20%|
- PASTURE BASED: Mix 4 – 5% RIVERINA 80% FEEDLOTTERS CONCENTRATE with the balance (96% or 95%) rolled grain and thoroughly mix. Can be used in a self-feeder provided adequate standing pasture is available or hay is supplied ad lib in a hay rack. Self-feeders must initially have the slides adjusted to a finger width to restrict intakes. Gradually increase slide width to allow more access to the feed over a three week period.
|PASTURE MIX RATES||CONCENTRATE||GRAIN|
|Cattle over 300kg||4% (40kg/tonne)||96%|
|Cattle 200 - 300kg||5% (50kg/tonne)||95%|
- Additional lime (calcium source) and/or protein meal may be needed to balance some diets depending on grain protein level and class of cattle.
- Ensure that there is ample access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times
- MANAGEMENT: Please read “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle”. Contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
- Supplies essential protein, vitamins and minerals required for growth. It complements the nutrients present in the grain, to create a balanced ration.
- Includes extra vitamin E that may help with stress and meat colour.
- Organic zinc helps improve hoof condition.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition
This concentrate contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 625mg/kg for improved feed efficiency and weight gain (pasture cattle) and Flavo® which supplies flavophospholipol at 125mg/kg to improve feed conversion efficiency and weight gain.