Riverina is totally committed to the development, manufacture and delivery of products with properties and performance which reflect market demands and satisfy the requirements of our customers.
To achieve this objective, Riverina has implemented and maintains an effective Quality System encompassing all management functions and which conforms to the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015, HACCP and FeedSafe®.
As part of its quality system, Riverina:
- Has put in place procedures designed to ensure that only raw materials that meet certain specified physical and/or chemical standards are accepted into any of our feedmills or branches;
- Has employed qualified nutritionists to ensure every stockfeed we manufacture is suitable for the purpose for which it was designed;
- Identifies personnel training needs at all levels within the company, encourages self improvement of our employees and provides them with training in quality matters and performance of specific assigned tasks;
- Has in place procedures and instructions which are under continual review to ensure that manufacturing and operational techiques and activities are improved as necessary and that customer requirements are satisfied; and
- Ensures that all relevant regulatory requirements, including those related to safety, are met.
Riverina employees at all levels within the organisation are required and committed to support these quality objectives.
As a refelection of our belief in quality systems and the benefits that they bring, Riverina demonstrates it quality commitment with recognised industry certifications.
Riverina achieves certification when an accredited third party visits our Company annually to assess our management system and issues a certificate to show that we abide by the principles set out in the standard, thus following industry best practice.
ISO 9001:2015 is a management system that has a proven framework for managing and continually improving the organisation’s policies, procedures and processes.
HACCP is a system for reducing the risk of safety hazards in food. A HACCP System requires that potential hazards (including biological, chemical or physical) are identified and controlled at specific points in the process.
These two internationally recognised certifications are audited and administered by BSI Group ANZ Pty Ltd.
FeedSafe® is a programme aimed at increasing the commitment of the Australian stock feed industry to quality assurance and risk mitigation in the manufacture and use of animal feeds. The Stock Feeds Manufacturers Council of Australia (SFMCA) through FeedSafe® has recognised the need for a broader industry approach to feed and food safety and is providing greater security of supply to Australia’s livestock industries. Riverina is audited annually by an external authority to ensure it complies with the FeedSafe® standard.
FeedSafe® is a registered trademark of Stock Feed Manufacturers’ Council of Australia Inc.