There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA WAGYU CALF WEANER PELLETS are a palatable, high protein and energy supplement with added vitamins and minerals for early weaning or creep feeding wagyu calves from 100 – 200kg liveweight.
During times of feed shortage lactating beef cows can have substantial body weight losses if calves remain on the cow. This leads to poor cow condition and subsequent low conception rates, especially in first calf heifers together with slower growth rates in the calves.
- Barley, maize, wheat, millrun, soybean meal, canola meal, molasses, buffers, organic zinc, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, limestone, urea, mycotoxin binder, mould inhibitor, Rumensin®, Flavo® salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed to be fed with a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
WAGYU CALF WEANER PELLETS can be used for:
- CREEP FEEDING ON PASTURE: Feed ad lib in a self-feeder while on the cow in a creep feeding yard. DO NOT allow cows access to the feeder. Calves will receive enough roughage while grazing with the cow.
- EARLY WEANING IN YARDS:
- Initially feed the WAGYU CALF WEANER PELLETS in troughs.
- Week 1 – Offer 0.25 – 0.5kg/head/day in troughs.
- Feeding rates can be increased by 0.25kg/head/day when the calves are leaving the troughs empty.
- Week 2 – Offer 1kg/head/day of the WAGYU CALF WEANER PELLETS and any other dry licks or supplements that will be used after weaning.
- Remove stale feed from the troughs daily.
- Good quality leafy hay must be available at all times eg oaten, grassy lucerne or irrigated rhodes grass hay.
- Feed should be available at all times.
- Water troughs should be cleaned a minimum of once a day when in the yards to improve feed intakes.
- After weaning calves can be turned out onto pasture with a self-feeder. The slides adjusted down to restrict intakes to achieve the desired rate of gain.
- The target should be to achieve an average of 0.7kg/head/day to achieve a liveweight of 280kg at 12 months of age.
- Calves should always have access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for more advice on early weaning wagyu cattle.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- WAGYU CALF WEANER PELLETS use quality proteins from soybean meal and canola meal to help ensure the young calves grow muscle.
- Organic zinc (ZinMet®) helps develop sound hooves.
- Added Vitamin E helps support immune development.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 25.0mg/kg for improved feed conversion efficiency and Flavo® which supplies flavophospholipol at 10mg/kg for improved growth rates and feed efficiency.