There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA WAGYU CALF GROWER PELLETS are a palatable, protein and energy supplement with added vitamins and minerals for growing wagyu calves for early weaning or creep feeding wagyu calves greater than 200kg liveweight.
- Barley, maize, wheat, millrun, soybean meal, canola meal, molasses, buffers, organic zinc, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, limestone, urea, mycotoxin binder, mould inhibitor, Rumensin®, Flavo® salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed to be fed with a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
WAGYU CALF GROWER PELLETS can be used for:
- CREEP FEEDING ON PASTURE: Feed ad lib in a self-feeder while on the cow in a creep feeding yard. DO NOT allow cows access to the feeder. Calves will receive enough roughage while grazing with the cow.
- EARLY WEANING IN YARDS:
- Initially feed the WAGYU CALF GROWER PELLETS in troughs.
- Week 1 – Offer 0.5kg/head/day in troughs.
- Feeding rates can be increased by 0.25kg/head/day when the calves are leaving the troughs empty.
- Week 2 – Offer 1kg/head/day of the WAGYU CALF GROWER PELLETS and any other dry licks or supplements that will be used after weaning.
- Remove stale feed from the troughs daily.
- Good quality leafy hay must be available at all times eg oaten, grassy lucerne or irrigated rhodes grass hay.
- Feed should be available at all times.
- Water troughs should be cleaned a minimum of once a day when in the yards to improve feed intakes.
- After weaning calves can be turned out onto pasture with a self-feeder. The slides adjusted down to restrict intakes to achieve the desired rate of gain.
- Feed at 0.5 – 1.5% body weight after weaning.
- The target should be to achieve an average of 0.7kg/head/day to achieve a liveweight of 280kg at 12 months of age.
- Calves should always have access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for more advice on weaning wagyu cattle.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- WAGYU CALF GROWER PELLETS uses quality proteins from soybean meal and canola meal to help ensure the young calves grow muscle.
- Organic zinc (ZinMet®) helps develop sound hooves.
- Added Vitamin E to help support immune development.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 25.0mg/kg for improved feed conversion efficiency and Flavo® which supplies flavophospholipol at 8.0mg/kg for improved growth rates and feed efficiency.