Grains are the major energy source in most animal diets. The energy levels are related to the amount of starch in the grain. The ranking from highest to lowest in energy is maize, sorghum, wheat, barley then oats. For more information on trading in Grains see the Commodities page.
RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED BARLEY is steam cooked, then flaked and blended with molasses. It can be used to make up part of a balanced diet for horses and other animals.
- Barley, molasses, mould inhibitor.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED.
- RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED BARLEY can be used as a base feed or an additive to existing feed.
- Should be fed in conjunction with chaff, hay and / or pasture.
- New feeds need to be introduced gradually over 10-14 days.
- Always ensure your horse has access to clean, fresh water
- A buffer should be added to sheep and cattle diets to reduce acidosis.
- Steam flaking gelatinizes the starch in the barley and makes it more easily digested by the animal.
- Enhanced palatability.
- RIVERINA STEAM FLAKED BARLEY provides valuable fibre to balance the diet.
Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.