This range is designed as supplementary feeds for cattle and sheep and do not contain copper. Most are high protein pellets or liquid feeds fed at lower feeding rates to balance pastures.
RIVERINA SHEEP NUTS are large pellets for supplementary feeding to sheep and cattle during times of poor pasture quality or drought situations (supplemented with hay).
- Barley, sorghum, wheat, bran and pollard, urea, cottonseed meal, canola meal, soybean meal, molasses,vegetable oil, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, mould inhibitor, salt, Riverina ruminant
vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to supplement hay and/or pasture feeding.
- The feeding rates as listed below are a guide only. The level of feeding should be adjusted to animal condition and pasture or hay quality.
- When introducing stock to RIVERINA SHEEP NUTS it is recommended that feed intakes be increased gradually over a 2 to 3 week period to minimise the risk of acidosis (grain poisoning).
- It is recommended that the nuts are trailed on the ground or put in several clumps so all animals can eat at the same time. When using troughs it important to have adequate space for all animals to eat at the same time to avoid the “bullies” overeating.
- Always ensure stock have access to clean, cool fresh water.
|Animal Type||Approximate Feeding Rate|
|Young lambs and wethers - up to 40kg||Up to 100 grams per day|
|Lambs and wethers - over 40kg||Up to 200 grams per day|
|Ewes with young lambs||Up to 500 grams per day|
|Rams (depends on bodyweight)||Up to 800 grams per day|
|Cattle - Weaners||Up to 2.0 kg per day|
|Cattle - Steers||Up to 3.0 kg per day|
|Cows with calves||Up to 5.0 kg per day|
- RIVERINA SHEEP NUTS are produced as a large pellet, making it ideal for clump or trail feeding.
- This feed can be used to increase nutrient intake of breeding cattle and sheep.
- High protein content balances the low protein in dry pastures.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition.