There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA SALE & SHOW PELLETS / MEAL is a higher energy feed for stud cattle without urea and MUST be fed in conjunction with quality roughage.
- Barley, wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard, cottonseed meal, full fat soybean meal, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, sodium bentonite, dicalcium phosphate, buffer, potassium chloride, ammonium sulphate, salt, Rumensin®, flavouring, organic zinc, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to be fed with good quality hay and/or pasture feeding. As this feed contains higher starch levels more care should be taken with the introduction program.
- RIVERINA SALE & SHOW PELLETS / MEAL can be fed at 0.5-1.5% bodyweight / head / day using:
- Troughs – split amount to be fed between 2 feeds. It is critical to have enough trough space for all animals to eat at the same time.
- Self-Feeders – The slides need to be adjusted down to a finger width to control intakes. Gradually increase slide width to allow more access to the feed over a 2 month period. Feeders should be placed at the opposite end of the paddock to water troughs to promote grazing. Feed intakes should be monitored especially when commencing to feed.
- Partial Mixed Ration – Can be mixed with silage/hay and other ingredients to form a complete or partial mixed ration to be fed in a semi feedlot situation.
- Start background feeding 6 months prior to sale. Commence feeding at 0.5% of body weight. This can be gradually increased over a couple of months to 1.0% of body weight.
- 2 months prior to sale the cattle can be put into yards to finish them. At this time feeding levels can be increased to 1.5% of body weight and fed in conjunction with good quality grassy hay supplied ad lib in hay racks.
- Ensure that there is continuous access to fresh, cool, clean water.
- When feeding cattle, high grain feeds should be gradually introduced, to allow the rumen to adapt and to avoid acidosis/grain poisoning. For stud cattle it is recommended that this be done over at least 2 months.
NOTE: There are many factors involved in the preparation of stud cattle for sale, so contact your Riverina representative for more complete advice on how to feed your stud cattle.
|CALCIUM||%||:||0.70 - 1.00|
|PHOSPHORUS||%||:||0.30 - 0.70|
- Organic zinc to aid hoof condition.
- Flavour is added to improve acceptance by cattle.
- RIVERINA SALE & SHOW PELLETS / MEAL includes rumen buffers and modifiers to enhance performance.
- Oil in the added full fat soybean meal will help improve coat condition.
- High by pass protein levels with NO Urea added.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 30 mg/kg to improve feed efficiency and weight gain (pasture cattle).