Diets for pig production have become highly specialised feeds. Feeds are fine-tuned to each stage of production to maximise performance of the pig whether it be improved reproduction, growth rates, early weaning or lactation.
RIVERINA PIGLET SUPASTARTER® CRUMBLES are a complete feed for growing piglets from birth through to approximately two weeks after weaning.
RIVERINA PIGLET SUPASTARTER® CRUMBLES are a first stage feed in the RIVERINA PIG FEEDING PROGRAM.
- Wheat, fish meal, biscuit meal, milk powder, soybean meal, full fat soybean meal, meat and blood meal, vitamin E, amino acids, vegetable oil, salt, mould inhibitor, zinc oxide, acidifier, Wormtec®, attractants and flavours, antioxidant, Riverina vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Environmental conditions including temperature and hygiene are of vital importance to ensure good performance.
- RIVERINA PIGLET SUPASTARTER® CRUMBLES are a complete feed and no supplementary feeding is necessary.
- Introduce the crumbles to the piglets within the first week of life. Initially feed intakes will be low, the major source of nutrients being the sow’s milk, therefore feed should be offered in small amounts at regular intervals so that it remains fresh and attractive.
- This feed is designed to be fed during the suckling period through to approximately two weeks after weaning.
- NOTE: Weaning should occur at approximately four weeks of age, however this will depend on reaching optimal weights (5-10kg).
Approximate feed intake should be:
|Age of Piglets||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|0 - 4 weeks||100 - 250 grams / day|
|5 weeks (one week post wean)||200 - 350 grams / day|
|6 weeks||300 - 500 grams / day|
NOTE: The above feed intakes are only indicative. Feed intakes will vary with the season, shed conditions, disease status and other environmental conditions.
- It is very important that piglets have clean, cool, fresh water available at all times.
|CALCIUM||%||:||1.00 - 1.25|
|ENERGY DE PIG||MJ/kg||MIN:||16.00|
|SALT||%||:||0.20 - 0.50|
- Produced as a crumble which eliminates separation, minimises feed wastage and improves digestibility.
- SUPER CONDITIONING processing improves the digestion of carbohydrates and protein and makes the fibre components more soluble. Research has shown the following benefits:
- Improved weight gain, feed conversion efficiency, feed intake and nutrient digestion.
- Reduction in harmful bacteria, salmonella and growth inhibitors in feed.
- Lower levels of diarrhoea.
- Improved texture quality with reduced fines.
- RIVERINA PIGLET SUPASTARTER® CRUMBLES contain digestible ingredients suitable for young piglets.
- Protein meals provide natural sources of essential amino acids. Lysine, threonine and methionine have been added to balance essential amino acid requirements.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals, gut acidifiers, piglet attractants and flavours.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into pig nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Wormtec® which supplies morantel citrate at 30 mg/kg for the prevention of migration and intestinal infestations of roundworm and as an aid in the prevention of nodular worm.
Meat – Nil.