There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA PASTUREPRO® WEANER is a palatable, high protein supplement with added vitamins and minerals for weaner calves.
Available without medication as a PCAS approved supplement.
During times of feed shortage lactating beef cows can have substantial body weight losses if calves remain on the cow. This leads to poor cow condition and subsequent low conception rates, especially in first calf heifers.
PASTUREPRO® WEANER is designed for weaning calves over 100kg live weight or three months of age if pasture is abundant. If the pasture is poor in quality or in restricted supply use the PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER.
- Cottonseed meal, urea, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium oxide, sulphur, limestone, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed to be fed with a roughage source.
- PASTUREPRO® WEANER can be used for:
- Calves over 100kg (three months) – Initially feed the PASTUREPRO® WEANER in open ended troughs with access to good quality hay until they start eating the supplement. After this use open ended troughs with adequate pasture (or hay).
- Do not allow troughs to be emptied. This can lead to urea toxicity as calves can over consume when troughs are refilled.
- Do not feed with any other urea sources, such as liquid supplements, pellets, blocks etc.
- CALVES: 350g / head / day.
- Pasture quality, animal mineral status and condition will influence intakes.
- It is critical to monitor intakes.
- DISCONTINUE FEEDING IF INTAKES EXCEED: CALVES: 1.00kg / head / day
- Feed and clean water should be available at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for more advice on early weaning beef cattle.
- Refer to “Advice and Warnings for Feeding Dry Supplements”.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- PASTUREPRO® WEANER provides a combination of bypass protein and nonprotein nitrogen to balance low protein pastures. This leads to improved digestion of the pasture.
- Helps to increase intakes of dry pasture and forage.
- Added trace minerals and vitamins support good growth rates.
- Cottonseed meal is used to increase acceptance.
- What’s the PASTUREPRO® difference? – Read MORE.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 46mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for improved feed conversion efficiency.
Also available without medication as a PCAS Approved Supplement.
This product meets PCAS requirements if supplied without medication.