There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA PASTUREPRO® MAGNESIUM MIX is a vitamin and mineral supplement for beef cattle and sheep grazing abundant lush green pastures or cereal crops particularly where hypomagnesemia or grass tetany is prevalent.
The incidence of grass tetany varies seasonally but occurs suddenly with most clinically affected animals dying. The routine yearly feeding of PASTUREPRO® MAGNESIUM MIX will help reduce the incidence of grassy tetany.
This supplement provides high levels of magnesium, calcium and other trace minerals that can be limiting in these pasture types.
This product MUST be fed with abundant pasture.
- Protein meals, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, limestone, magnesium oxide, sulphur, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed as a supplement to be fed to sheep and cattle on pasture.
- Pasture should be in abundant supply and sheep and cattle should have access to a reliable supply of clean water at all times.
- Feed PASTUREPRO® MAGNESIUM MIX in well drained open ended troughs.
- Troughs should initially be a minimum of 200m away from watering points.
- After several days move the troughs/drums out into the paddock and well away from the water points. This will reduce intakes and encourage stock to graze the paddocks.
- Do not allow troughs to be emptied.
- Protect feeding points from weather.
- CATTLE: 225g / head / day
- SHEEP: 25g / head / day
- Pasture quality, animal mineral status and condition will influence the level of intake.
- If intakes exceed those above contact your local Riverina representative for advice.
- Refer to “Advice and Warnings for Feeding Dry Supplements”.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- PASTUREPRO® MAGNESIUM MIX has a high level of magnesium to help reduce the incidence of grass tetany which is prevalent on lush pastures.
- What’s the PASTUREPRO® difference? – Read MORE.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 290mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for improved feed conversion efficiency.
Sheep – MEAT: DO NOT USE less than 24 hours before slaughter for human consumption.
Cattle – Nil