There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER is a palatable, high protein and energy supplement with added vitamins and minerals for early weaning beef calves.
During times of feed shortage lactating beef cows can have substantial body weight losses if calves remain on the cow. This leads to poor cow condition and subsequent low conception rates, especially in first calf heifers.
PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER is designed for weaning calves at 100kg (three months) and can also be used as a creep feed for younger calves while on the cow. In extreme feed shortages PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER can be used to wean calves from six weeks of age.
- Cottonseed meal, maize, urea, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, limestone, urea, mycotoxin binder, mould inhibitor, Rumensin®, salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed to be fed with a roughage source.
PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER can be used for:
- Creep Feeding – Feed ad lib in a self-feeder while on the cow in a creep feeding yard. Cows should not have access to the feeder. Calves will receive enough roughage while grazing with the cow.
- Calves under 100kg (5-12 weeks) – For very early weaning, initially feed the PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER in troughs until they start eating the supplement then put into self-feeders. Calves should be kept in small pens and have access to good quality hay at all times. Keep troughs filled.
- Calves over 100kg (three months) – Initially feed the PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER in troughs with access to good quality hay until they start eating the supplement. After this use self-feeders with roughage from grassed pens or from hay.
- Feed and clean water should be available at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for more advice on early weaning beef cattle.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- PASTUREPRO® EARLY WEANER uses both cracked corn and cottonseed meal to make the supplement highly palatable, so calves start eating earlier.
- A low urea level, to help calves become accustomed to non-protein nitrogen sources.
- High protein to meet the needs of the young calf.
- Added trace minerals and vitamins help growing performance.
- A safer product to feed with a lower urea level.
- What’s the PASTUREPRO® difference? – Read MORE.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 26.5mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for improved feed conversion efficiency