There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA PASTUREPRO® BULL SUPPLEMENT is a high protein, vitamin and mineral supplement for growing out young bulls and preparing herd bulls for joining when grazing abundant mature standing pasture.
Available without medication as a PCAS approved supplement.
- Cottonseed meal, urea, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium oxide, ammonium sulphate, Flavo®, limestone, mould inhibitor, salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed as a supplement to be fed to cattle on pasture.
- Pasture should be in abundant supply and cattle should have access to a reliable supply of clean water at all times.
- Initially feed 0.25% of body weight/day for 2 weeks (eg. 1.25kg for a 500kg bull) then feed up to 0.5% of body weight/day (eg. 2.5kg for a 500kg bull) in open ended troughs protected from the weather. If intakes exceed 0.5% of body weight/day contact your local Riverina representative.
- Troughs should initially be located a minimum of 200m away from watering points.
- After several days move the troughs out into the paddock and well away from the water points. This will reduce intakes and encourage stock to graze the paddocks.
- Monitor the intake of the supplement periodically to ensure they remain at target feeding rates.
- Do not allow troughs to be emptied. This can lead to urea toxicity as cattle can over-consume when troughs are refilled.
- To help boost breeding performance start feeding at least 60 days prior to mating.
- Protect feeding points from weather.
- Feed and water should be available at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for more advice on preparing bulls for joining.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- PASTUREPRO® BULL SUPPLEMENT provides a combination of bypass protein and nonprotein nitrogen to balance low protein pastures. This leads to improved digestion of the pasture.
- Helps to increase intakes of dry pasture and forage
- High vitamin and trace mineral levels to help improve fertility and support good growth rates for growing bulls.
- Cottonseed meal is used to increase acceptance.
- What’s the PASTUREPRO® difference? – Read MORE.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Flavo® which supplies flavophospholipol at 6mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis to for growth promotion and improve feed conversion efficiency.
Also available without medication as a PCAS Approved Supplement.
This product meets PCAS requirements if supplied without medication.