There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA PASTUREPRO® BACKGROUNDER DRY is a high protein, vitamin and mineral dry supplement for backgrounding beef cattle prior to feedlot entry. This product is designed to be fed in conjunction with abundant leafy pasture so cattle are gaining weight.
Available without medication as a PCAS approved supplement.
- Cottonseed meal, palm kernel meal, soyabean meal, urea, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, mould inhibitor, Rumensin®, Flavo®, salt and Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed as a supplement to be fed to cattle on pasture.
- Pasture should be in abundant supply and cattle should have access to a reliable supply of clean water at all times.
- For best results start supplementation before cattle start losing weight.
- Troughs should initially be minimum of 200m away from watering points.
- After several days move the troughs/drums out into the paddock and well away from the water points. This will reduce intakes and encourage stock to graze the paddocks.
- Do not allow troughs to be emptied. This can lead to urea toxicity as cattle can over-consume when troughs are refilled.
- Do not feed with any other urea sources, such as liquid supplements, pellets, blocks etc.
- Monitor intakes closely when starting cattle.
- Protect feeding points from weather.
- 200g / head / day
- Pasture quality, animal mineral status and condition will influence the level of intake.
- Refer to “Advice and Warnings for Feeding Dry Supplements”.
- DISCONTINUE FEEDING IF INTAKES EXCEED 500g / head / day.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for advice.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- PASTUREPRO® BACKGROUNDER DRY has a combination of bypass protein and nonprotein nitrogen to balance low protein pastures which helps to improve pasture digestion.
- Cattle become accustomed to eating supplements in troughs prior to feedlot entry. This helps to improve initial acceptance of the feedlot diet.
- It helps to precondition the rumen to urea, monensin and flavophospholipol which are used in many feedlot diets.
- Added trace minerals and vitamins help improve the immune system.
- Organic zinc is added to help improve hoof health.
- Cottonseed meal increases acceptance.
- What’s the PASTUREPRO® difference? – Read MORE.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into cattle nutrition.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 520mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for improved feed conversion efficiency, weight gain and aid in the control of bloat and Flavo® supplies flavophospholipol at the rate of 76mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis for growth promotion and to improve feed conversion efficiency.
Also available without medication as a PCAS Approved Supplement.
This product meets PCAS requirements if supplied without medication.