There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA MOLAPRO is a fortifier, formulated to be mixed with molasses to form a balanced wet lick. The molasses lick is suitable for feeding to beef and dairy cattle as a supplement to pasture or roughage.
- Vegetable protein meals, urea, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, salt, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED DIRECTLY IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- Mix 40kg of RIVERINA MOLAPRO with 220 litres of Molasses.
- MIX THOROUGHLY BEFORE FEEDING OUT.
- It is best used when there is abundant dry pasture available.
Cattle should be consuming at least 2% of their body weight daily in dry matter from pasture and/or hay or silage.
- When introducing stock to the molasses lick, initial intakes may be high. However, intakes will lower as the cattle meet any nutrient deficiencies.
- Ensure that the prepared mix is available at all times. If the molasses mix is unavailable for a period of time, stock may over consume the product when they recommence feeding. This may lead to deaths.
- Place the troughs no less than 400m from watering points to encourage the stock to graze the entire paddock.
- These consumption rates of the MOLASSES and RIVERINA MOLAPRO mix should only be used as a guide. The level of feeding will be determined by pasture / hay quality and the animals’ condition & mineral status.
- Discontinue feeding the finished product if intakes exceed 4kg/head/day for adults or 2.5kg/head/day for weaners.
- Refer to “Directions for Use of Liquid Pasture Supplements”.
- Clean water needs to be available at all times.
|Animal Type||Approximate Intakes of Molasses Lick|
|Weaners, Replacement Heifers||0.5 - 1.0 kg / head / day|
|Steers, Dairy dry Cows||Up to 2.5 kg / head / day|
|Beef Cows with Calves||Up to 3.0 kg / head / day|
|CALCIUM||%||:||4.00 - 4.60|
|PHOSPHORUS||%||:||2.00 - 2.50|
- RIVERINA MOLAPRO contains protein, minerals and other essential nutrients to correct the nutrient imbalance in molasses.
- Will help reduce weight losses on dry pasture.
- Ideal for dairies to supplement replacement heifers to ensure optimal growth or for dry cows that are in low body condition (Note: In the last 4 weeks prior to calving use RIVERINA MILK MAKER SPRINGER PELLETS).
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.