Achieving high milk production in dairy cows requires careful attention. It is important to use the correct product to balance the pastures and other feedstuffs available. If in doubt it is always best to consult with your Riverina representative.
RIVERINA MILK MAKER HEIFER GROWER PELLETS (Medicated) are prepared to supplement growing replacement heifers from the age of 9 months to 1 month prior to calving.
- Barley, maize, sorghum, wheat, bran and pollard, vegetable protein meals, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, salt, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It is designed to supplement pasture when it is in restricted supply or of poor quality.
- To maximise the lifetime production of your heifers it is essential to grow them evenly and reach the recommended breed target weight for mating and calving. Growth set backs commonly occur in autumn and winter when heifers often graze poor quality pasture. At these times it is essential to supplement with MILK MAKER HEIFER GROWER to maintain even growth rates.
- Feed at 0.5-1.0% liveweight / head / day depending on the availability and quality of the pasture.
- If already feeding the MILK MAKER CALF XLR8 PELLETS you can change directly over to the MILK MAKER HEIFER GROWER PELLETS.
- If heifers are not being fed concentrates, start feeding at 0.5% liveweight / head / day for the first 2 weeks and then gradually increase the feeding rate to the desired level.
- Ideally use in a self-feeder with slides adjusted down to finger width.
- Ensure fresh, cool, clean water is available at all times.
Riverina Calf Feeding Program
Birth to Weaning
Weaning to 3 Months
3 - 6 Months
6 - 9 Months
Over 9 Months
Calf XLR8 Hi Energy
|CALCIUM||%||MIN:||1.00 - 1.30|
- Pelleted to reduce separation of ingredients.
- Supplies essential nutrients for growth and performance of growing heifers.
- Contains rumen buffers and modifiers to enhance growth and performance.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into dairy nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 25 mg/kg to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis and to improve weight gain and feed efficiency.
Meat – Nil