Achieving high milk production in dairy cows requires careful attention. It is important to use the correct product to balance the pastures and other feedstuffs available. If in doubt it is always best to consult with your Riverina representative.
RIVERINA MILK MAKER CALF REARER CRUMBLES (Medicated) is a high energy supplementary feed for young unweaned dairy and beef calves.
From 4 days of age feed in conjunction with RIVERINA FARMYARD PLUS milk replacer and good quality grassy hay till weaning. Following weaning continue to feed MILK MAKER CALF REARER until 12 weeks of age in conjunction with good quality grassy hay or pasture.
- Barley, wheat, maize, bran and pollard, vegetable protein meals, full fat soybean, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, salt, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED
- It has been designed to supplement milk (or milk replacer) and hay or pasture feeding.
- During the first 3 days, the calf should receive an adequate intake of colostrum and remain on the dam, in preference to feeding whole milk.
- Many studies have shown that the calf’s failure to drink and absorb adequate quantities of colostral antibodies is closely associated with neonatal septicaemia, diarrhoea and death in young calves.
- MILK MAKER CALF REARER should be introduced gradually from 4 days of age, increasing the amount of feed given, to about 300g / head / day, before weaning starts at about 5 weeks.
- Good quality chopped grassy hay should be available at all times.
- Wean over a week by reducing the amount of milk fed and increasing the amount of MILK MAKER CALF REARER offered as in the table below.
- After weaning continue to feed MILK MAKER CALF REARER until 3 months of age. This will ensure that there is no check in the growth rate.
- Ensure fresh, cool clean water is available at all times.
|Day||Number of Days||Riverina
kg / head / day
Litres / day2
Litres / day2
|On Dam or Feeding Colostrum|
|0 – 3||3||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|4 – 10||7||0.2||2.0||3.0|
|11 – 35||25||0.3||2.5||4.5|
|42 (6 wks)||1||1.2||Weaned||Weaned|
|43 – 84
- Using the once a day FARMYARD PLUS feeding program.
- Feed FARMYARD PLUS calf milk replacer or whole milk.
- Calves can be weaned when they achieve the following target feed intakes and liveweights. Do not wean based on age.
|Breed||RIVERINA CALF REARER kg/day||Liveweight (kg)|
|Friesian Calves||1.0||90 - 110|
|Jersey Calves||0.75||65 - 85|
|CALCIUM||%||:||1.00 - 1.50|
- Produced as a crumble which eliminates separation, minimises feed wastage and improves digestibility.
- Contains digestible ingredients for young calves.
- Protein meals provide natural sources of essential amino acids.
- Contains essential vitamins, minerals and flavouring.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into calf nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 30 mg/kg to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis and to improve weight gain and feed efficiency.
Meat – Nil