This range is designed as supplementary feeds for cattle and sheep and do not contain copper. Most are high protein pellets or liquid feeds fed at lower feeding rates to balance pastures.
RIVERINA LAMB MINERALS CONCENTRATE 2.5% is a vitamin and mineral concentrate with Bovatec® and Acid Buf for feedlot lambs.
- Cottonseed meal, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium oxide, potassium chloride, ammonium chloride, salt, Bovatec®, Acid Buf, mould inhibitor, Riverina sheep vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- FEEDLOT: Add 2.5% RIVERINA LAMB MINERALS CONCENTRATE 2.5% with 20% roughage and 77.5% rolled grain (and protein/limestone1) then thoroughly mix to form a balanced feedlot ration for lambs.
- Good quality palatable hay is recommended.
- There should be enough feeder space for all animals to eat at the same time.
- Gradually introduce the high grain diet over a 3 week period.
- The following table gives a sample introduction program for feedlot lambs.
|DAYS ON FEED||GRAIN||CONCENTRATE||ROUGHAGE|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||37.5%||2.5%||60%|
|8 - 12||47.5%||2.5%||50%|
|23 and over||77.5%||2.5%||20%|
- PASTURE BASED: Add 2.5% RIVERINA LAMB MINERALS CONCENTRATE 2.5% with 20% roughage and 97.5% rolled grain (and protein/limestone1) then thoroughly mix. Use in a self-feeder and ensure adequate palatable standing pasture is available or good quality palatable hay is supplied ad lib in a hay rack. Self-feeders must initially have the slides adjusted to a pencil width to restrict intakes. Gradually increase slide width to allow more access to the feed over a three week period.to form a balanced feedlot ration for lambs.
- Ensure that there is ample access to clean water at all times.
- Supplies essential protein, vitamins and minerals required for growth. It helps complement the nutrients present in the grain, to create a balanced ration.
- Acid Buf to buffer the rumen and help reduce acidosis and is an excellent source of bio-available minerals.
- Added ammonium chloride to help with urinary calculi.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into sheep nutrition.
This concentrate contains Bovatec® which supplies lasalocid sodium at 1170mg/kg for improved feed conversion efficiency and weight gain.
Meat – Nil.
Milk – See WARNING.
- Additional lime (calcium source) and/or protein meal may be needed to balance some diets depending on grain protein level and type of lamb. Contact your local Riverina representative for assistance in balancing your feedlot diet.
Bovatec® is a registered trademark of Alpharma.
Issued: Oct 2015, Ver 7.0