This range is designed as supplementary feeds for cattle and sheep and do not contain copper. Most are high protein pellets or liquid feeds fed at lower feeding rates to balance pastures.
RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE 10% is a high protein, vitamin and mineral concentrate with Bovatec® and Acid Buf for feedlot lambs. This product should be used where a high protein finished feed is to be made.
- Vegetable protein meals, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, salt, mould inhibitor, ammonium chloride, urea, Bovatec®, Acid Buf, Riverina sheep vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED DIRECTLY IN CONCENTRATED FORM
- FEEDLOT: Thoroughly mix 10% RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE 10% with 20% roughage and 70% processed grain to produce the final finishing diet.
- Good quality palatable hay is recommended.
- There should be enough feeder space for all animals to eat at the same time.
- Introduce the lambs to the ration slowly over a 3 week period. This helps the rumen to adapt, preventing gorging and acidosis. The aim is to gradually increase the grain levels and decrease the roughage content of the total diet. See the table below.
|DAYS ON FEED||GRAIN||CONCENTRATE||ROUGHAGE|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||30%||10%||60%|
|8 - 12||40%||10%||50%|
|13 - 17||50%||10%||40%|
|18 - 22||60%||10%||30%|
- PASTURE BASED: Add 12% RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE 10% with 88% rolled grain and thoroughly mix. Use in a self feeder and ensure adequate palatable standing pasture or good quality hay in hay racks is available at all times. Self feeders must initially have the slides adjusted to pencil width to restrict intakes. Gradually increase the slide width to allow more access to the feed over a three week period.
- Ensure that there is ample access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- Contact your local Riverina representative for further directions on how to use this product when feedlotting lambs.
- RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE 10% can be mixed with a range of grains and roughages and still produce a balanced high protein ration.
- The concentrate supplies a range of essential nutrients that are required for growth and well-being.
- Acid Buf to buffer the rumen and to help reduce acidosis and is an excellent source of bio-available minerals.
- Added acidifiers to help with urinary calculi.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition.
This concentrate contains Bovatec® which supplies lasalocid sodium at 274 mg/kg to aid in the reduction of faecal shedding of coccidia, for improved liveweight gains and feed conversion efficiency.
Meat – Nil.
Milk – See WARNING.