This range is designed as supplementary feeds for cattle and sheep and do not contain copper. Most are high protein pellets or liquid feeds fed at lower feeding rates to balance pastures.
RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT PELLETS are for fattening lambs and sheep in penned or paddock environments and must be fed with a roughage source.
- Barley, wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard, urea, vegetable protein meals, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, sodium bentonite, dicalcium phosphate, buffer, ammonium sulphate, salt, mould inhibitor, Bovatec®, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to supplement good quality hay and/or pasture feeding.
- During the introduction period it is critical there is enough feeder space to allow all lambs to eat at the same time.
- When introducing stock to RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT PELLETS, feed intakes should be increased gradually over a 2 to 3 week period to minimise the risk of acidosis.
- When using self feeders the adjustment of the slides is very important so that the target intakes below are achieved.
- The slides should be adjusted to a pencil width when feeding starts.
- Always ensure stock have access to clean, cool, fresh water at all times.
- Good quality hay or pasture must be available at all times to ensure lambs and sheep have good roughage intakes.
- Sample program for self feeders/troughs.
|Feeding Period||Target Pellet Intake||Roughage Intake|
|Day 1& 2||Nil||Ad Lib|
|Day 3||100g||Ad Lib|
|Day 4||200g||Ad Lib|
|Day 5||300g||Ad Lib|
|Day 6||400g||Reducing slowly to at least 10% of total intake by day 13|
|Day 13+||Ad Lib|
For more information on successful lamb feedlotting or pasture supplementation of this product, contact your local Riverina representative.
- This feed provides a wide range of essential nutrients required for growth and maintenance.
- RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT PELLETS are suitable to be fed to all types of lambs and sheep. By supplying the right balance of nutrients and fed in conjunction with roughage this ration will promote rapid growth.
- RIVERINA LAMB FEEDLOT PELLETS can also be fed as a supplement to pasture or as a maintenance ration in times of drought.
- Buffers are included to reduce the risk of acidosis.
- Contains acidifiers to reduce the incidence of “water belly”.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition.
This feed contains Bovatec® which supplies lasalocid sodium at 33 mg/kg to aid in the reduction of faecal shedding of coccidia, for improved liveweight gains and feed conversion efficiency.
Meat – Nil.
Wool – Nil.