There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE PELLETS / MEAL is a concentrate to be mixed with grain and roughage to produce a balanced ration for feedlot cattle.
- Limestone, dicalcium phosphate, urea, potassium chloride, ammonium sulphate, salt, vegetable oil, wheat, bran, pollard, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED DIRECTLY IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- Suitable for cattle over 300kg liveweight destined for local or export markets.
- Additional lime (calcium source) will need to be included in the ration for some classes of cattle.
- Protein meals may also be needed to increase the protein of the feedlot ration to a suitable level. This will depend on the protein level of the grain and the desired protein level in the ration.
- Buffers (bentonite, sodium bicarbonate or Acid Buf) can be included at 1-2% of the total diet to aid in preventing acidosis especially during the introductory period.
- Cattle need free access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- Introduce cattle to this ration gradually over a 3 week period, either by mixing higher levels of roughage in the ration or limiting the intake of the ration and supplying extra roughage in a hay rack.
- The following table gives a sample introduction program for the cattle.
|DAYS ON FEED||GRAIN||CONCENTRATE||ROUGHAGE|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||35%||5%||60%|
|8 - 12||45%||5%||50%|
|13 - 17||55%||5%||40%|
|18 - 22||65%||5%||30%|
|23 and over||75%||5%||20%|
- FEEDLOT: Mix 5% (50kg/tonne) of FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE PELLETS/MEAL with 20% roughage and 75% grain and thoroughly mix to form a balanced feedlot ration for cattle
- PASTURE BASED: Mix 5% FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE PELLETS / MEAL with 95% grain and thoroughly mix. Can be used in a self-feeder provided adequate standing pasture is available or hay is supplied ad lib in a hay rack. Self-feeders must initially have the slides adjusted to a finger width to restrict intakes. Gradually increase slide width to allow more access to the feed over a 3 week period.
- MANAGEMENT:– The adaption period where cattle are changed from grazing pasture to a high energy grain based diet is of critical importance. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle” or contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
- FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE PELLETS / MEAL supplies essential protein, vitamins and minerals required for growth, complementing the nutrients present in the grain to form a balanced ration.
- Excellent conditioning and growth rates.
- Flexible – formulated so that the concentrate can be mixed with a range of grains and roughages and still provide a balanced feedlot ration.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This concentrate contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 500 mg/kg of feed to improve feed efficiency and weight gain (pasture cattle).