The production facilities at Riverina allow us to produce horse feeds in a range of forms to suit most horses. We have a specialist horse plant for the manufacture of high molasses loose mixes, steam flaking technology as well as pellets.
RIVERINA COOL & CALM® EQUESTRIAN MIX is a palatable, sweet muesli formulated to provide the essential nutrients for adult equestrian horses. It has moderate energy levels and is OATS FREE. It is suitable for horses undertaking moderate to heavy workloads on a regular basis.
- Steam flaked barley, steam flaked lupins, lucerne chaff, white chaff, soybean meal, sunflower (whole), sodium bentonite, bran and pollard, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable oil, molasses, salt, magnesium oxide, mould inhibitor, Riverina equine vitamin & mineral premix, antioxidant.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED.
- RIVERINA COOL & CALM® EQUESTRIAN MIX must be fed in conjunction with chaff, hay and / or pasture.
- The below feeding rates are a guide only and should be adjusted according to the horse’s condition and roughage quality. If pasture is limited, a minimum of 1% of bodyweight should be fed as hay and / or chaff.
|Exercise Level||300 kg||400 kg||500 kg||600 kg|
|Light Work||1.5 - 2.5 kg||2.0 - 3.0 kg||2.5 - 3.5 kg||3.0 - 4.0 kg|
|Medium Work||2.0 - 3.0 kg||2.75 - 3.75 kg||3.5 - 4.5 kg||4.25 - 5.25 kg|
|Heavy Work||2.5 - 3.5 kg||3.5 - 4.5 kg||4.5 - 5.5 kg||5.5 - 6.5 kg|
- Split suggested feeding rate between 2 feeds daily.
- New feed needs to be introduced gradually over 10-14 days.
- Always ensure your horse has access to clean, fresh water.
- Do not feed more than 3kg in one meal.
- Added essential amino acids and high quality proteins from soyabean meal.
- Steam flaked sweet lupins and sunflower seeds provide extra protein and extra energy.
- Steam flaked barley and pure “cold pressed” vegetable oil provides extra energy.
- Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and selenium for normal growth and fertility
- OATS FREE
- Sodium and chloride has a role in maintaining normal electrolyte balance in body tissues during heavy exercise.
- Contains a custom protein, vitamin and mineral pellet to help reduce fine material.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into horse nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.