There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA CONDAMINE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT - LIME is a palatable, free flowing molasses based liquid supplement to be mixed with grain and roughage to form a balanced feed for feedlotting cattle. It is suitable to be fed to growing/finishing cattle of most ages and supplies essential nutrients required for performance.
- Molasses, limestone, ammonia sulphate, urea and other nonprotein nitrogen sources, Rumensin®, salt, organic zinc, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED DIRECTLY IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
It has been designed to be included at the rate of 4-5% (40 to 50 kg/tonne) in a feedlot ration. If young calves/cattle (under 300kg’s) are being fed, additional sources of protein may be required.
- It is recommended that a rumen buffer be used in the ration during the starter phase as this will aid in the prevention of acidosis. Sodium bentonite at 2% or sodium bicarbonate at 0.5-1.0% of the ration is adequate.
- Cattle must always have access to clean, cool, fresh water.
- To ensure uniform mixing, RIVERINA CONDAMINE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT – LIME should be the last ingredient added to the mixing wagon.
- When feeding cattle, high grain diets should be gradually introduced to the cattle to allow the rumen to adapt and to avoid acidosis/grain poisoning. Small amounts should be fed at first, slowly increasing over a 3 week period. The following table gives a sample introduction program for the cattle.
|Days on Feed||Feedlot Mix||Concentrate||Roughage|
|1 - 2||Nil||Nil||100%|
|3 - 7||35%||5%||60%|
|8 - 12||45%||5%||50%|
|13 - 17||55%||5%||40%|
|18 - 22||65%||5%||30%|
|23 and over||75%||5%||20%|
- MANAGEMENT:- The adaption period where cattle are changed from grazing pasture to a high energy grain based diet is of critical importance. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle” or contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- RIVERINA CONDAMINE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT – LIME is free flowing and less viscous
- The vitamins, trace minerals and additives are held in suspension so are readily dispersed when properly mixed.
- The sugars contained in molasses help improve the utilisation of urea in CONDAMINE FEEDLOT SUPPLEMENT – LIME.
- FLEXIBLE – Formulated so that this supplement can be mixed with all grain types to provide a balanced feedlot ration.
- CONVENIENT – Available in easy handling 1 tonne modules or in bulk.
- Contains organic zinc to help improve hoof condition.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This supplement contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 375 mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis to improve feed efficiency.