Unlike feeds for ruminants our poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. Each type of poultry requires a specific diet to maximise production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements.
RIVERINA BROILER STARTER CRUMBLES are a complete feed for starting meat chickens. This feed is the first stage in a two stage-feeding programme for growing meat chickens.
- Wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard , a combination of protein meals (cottonseed meal, soybean meal, canola meal, sunflower meal, blood meal, meat meal), vegetable oil, limestone, mould inhibitor, sodium bicarbonate, salt, choline chloride, amino acids, Maxiban®, Riverina vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Feed from day old to 4 weeks of age.
- RIVERINA BROILER STARTER CRUMBLES is a complete feed and no supplementary feeding is necessary.
- Chicks should have unlimited access to the feed (ad lib).
Approximate feed intakes should be:
|Age of Birds||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|Week 1||15 - 20 grams / bird / day|
|Week 2||35 - 50 grams / bird / day|
|Week 3||65 - 80 grams / bird / day|
|Week 4||95 - 110 grams / bird / day|
- The above feed intakes are only indicative. Feed intakes will vary with the season, variety of bird, lighting, shed conditions, disease status and other environmental conditions.
- The shed should ideally have a concrete floor, be cleaned thoroughly and spread with clean litter such as wood shavings.
- A brooder or another heat source will be needed as chicks are unable to maintain their body temperature.
- For the first 3 days keep the chicks confined close to the brooder with some temporary cardboard surrounds about 450mm high. After this gradually extend the surrounds over the next 3 weeks until they have unlimited access to the shed.
- For the first two days of feeding it is best to spread some feed on trays or newspaper to encourage the birds to eat. During this time it is important to replace the feed regularly so it remains fresh and palatable. After this a self-feeder should be used. It is important to replace any build-up of stale feed. Clean, cool, fresh water should be available at all times. Any wet litter near water points should be removed regularly.
|CALCIUM||%||:||1.00 - 1.50|
|SALT||%||:||0.05 - 0.50|
- Produced as a fine crumble, so that feed wastage is minimised, digestibility is improved and separation of the feed is eliminated, ensuring a consistent intake of nutrients.
- RIVERINA BROILER STARTER CRUMBLES contain digestible ingredients for young chicks.
- A high protein and energy feed to support the rapid growth rate of meat chicks.
- Lysine and methionine are added to balance the protein level.
- Contains vitamins and minerals, essential nutrients for growth.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into poultry nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Maxiban® which supplies narasin at 40 mg/kg and nicarbazin at 40 mg/kg to aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by certain Eimeria species.
Meat – Nil.
Eggs – DO NOT USE in birds which are producing or may in the future produce eggs or egg products for human consumption.