There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA BEEF MINERALS CONCENTRATE 2.5% is a vitamin and mineral concentrate with Rumensin® and Acid Buf for feedlot cattle. The concentrate is to be mixed with rolled grain (and protein meal/limestone) and must be fed with a roughage source.
- Cottonseed meal, vegetable oil, limestone, sodium bentonite, dicalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, ammonium sulphate, magnesium oxide, salt, Rumensin®, Acid Buf, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- DO NOT FEED IN CONCENTRATED FORM.
- FEEDLOT: Use 2.5% of BEEF MINERALS CONCENTRATE with 20% roughage and 77.5% rolled grain (and protein meal/limestone1) and thoroughly mix to form a balanced feedlot ration.
- Cattle need to be gradually introduced to high grain diets over three weeks and the following table gives a sample introduction program for feedlot cattle over 300kg live weight.
|Days on Feed||Inclusion Rates|
|23 and over||72.5%||2.5%||20%||5.0%|
- PASTURE BASED: Mix 2.5% BEEF MINERALS CONCENTRATE with 97.5% rolled grain (and protein meal/limestone1) and thoroughly mix. Can be used in a self-feeder provided adequate standing pasture is available or hay is supplied ad lib in a hay rack. Self-feeders must initially have the slides adjusted to a finger width to restrict intakes. Gradually increase slide width to allow more access to the feed over a three week period.
- Ensure that there is ample access to fresh, cool, clean water at all times.
- MANAGEMENT: Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle”.
- Supplies essential vitamins and minerals required for growth. It complements the nutrients present in the grain, to help create a balanced ration.
- Acid Buf added as a buffer to help reduce acidosis and is an excellent source of bio-available minerals.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition
This concentrate contains Rumensin® which supplies monensin sodium at 800mg/kg for improved feed efficiency and weight gain (pasture cattle).
- Additional lime (calcium source) and/or protein meal may be needed to balance some diets depending on grain protein level and class of cattle. Contact your local Riverina representative for assistance in balancing your diet.
Rumensin® is a registered trademark of Eli Lilly and Company.
Issued: Oct 2015, Ver 7.0