There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA BEEF MAINTENANCE PELLETS / MEAL is a low energy feed to maintain cattle live weights or for low growth rates. Feed in conjunction with a roughage source such as pasture, hay, or silage. It can be fed to beef or dairy cattle.
- Barley, wheat, maize, sorghum, bran and pollard, vegetable protein meals, hulls, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, buffer, dicalcium phosphate, salt, ammonium sulphate, organic zinc, flavouring, Rumensin®, mould inhibitor, Riverina ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to supplement hay, silage and / or pasture feeding.
- Roughage should be supplied ad lib and be not less than 20% of their total intake on a dry matter basis.
- Gradually introduce BEEF MAINTENANCE PELLETS / MEAL to the cattle over 3 weeks to allow the rumen to adapt, minimizing the risk of scouring and acidosis/grain poisoning.
- Cattle can be fed using self-feeders with slides down to finger width when feeding commences and gradually increase slide height over a 3 week period till the desired feeding rate is achieved or feed once a day in troughs. It is critical to have enough trough space for all animals to eat at the same time.
- Cattle need free access to clean water at all times.
NOTE: These feeding rates should be used as a guide only. The level of feeding should vary depending on the pasture quality, animal bodyweight and condition. Do not exceed 1.5% bodyweight / head / day.
|Animal||Weight||Approximate Feeding Rate|
|Weaners||100 kg||Up to 2kg / head / day|
|Steers||450 kg||Up to 4kg / head / day|
|Cows with calves||400 kg||Up to 5kg / head / day|
|Bulls||600 kg plus||Up to 7kg / head / day|
- MANAGEMENT:– The adaption period where cattle are changed from grazing pasture to a grain based diet is of critical importance. Refer to “Notes on Feedlotting Cattle”. Contact your local Riverina representative for more detailed information.
|PHOSPHORUS||%||MIN:||0.30 - 1.00|
- Palatable mix for feeding to cattle.
- BEEF MAINTENANCE PELLETS / MEAL includes rumen buffers and modifiers to help avoid feed related health issues.
- Protein meals to supply rumen degradable protein and bypass protein.
- Vitamins and minerals to provide essential nutrients for health and wellbeing.
- Organic zinc source to help improve hoof integrity.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Rumensin® which supplies at monensin sodium at 25 mg/kg of feed to improve feed efficiency and weight gain.