There is a wide range of diets for beef cattle from low intake products like the dry supplements to feedlot diets. Cattle all require a roughage source for efficient digestion to occur and our diets must be fed a roughage source such as pasture, hay or silage.
RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® is a dual purpose molasses based liquid pasture supplement designed for ad lib feeding on freestanding pasture or cultivated crops.
Available without medication as a PCAS approved supplement.
RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® can also be mixed with grain, silage and hay in a TMR mixer for the backgrounding and preconditioning of cattle prior to feedlot entry.
- Molasses, urea, ammonium sulphate, other non protein nitrogen sources, limestone, Coxidin®, organic zinc, Flavo®, salt minerals and vitamins.
- Base raw materials may gradually change seasonally.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to supplement hay and / or pasture feeding. Cattle need to be consuming at least 2.5% of body weight as dry matter from pasture and/or hay.
- RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® is designed to fed ad lib (free choice).
- Place troughs at least 200m from watering points. Troughs can be moved to encourage stock to graze the entire paddock.
- Intakes should be monitored and if they exceed 0.8kg/head/day for steers & heifers and 0.5kg/head/day for weaner cattle, discontinue feeding the product.
- A reliable supply of clean water should be available at all times.
- Cattle should be vaccinated with 5 in 1 injection before commencing to feed this product.
- If calves are being fed RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT®, additional sources of protein may be required.
- Following rain any liquid should be removed from the top of the RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® and discarded. The RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® should then be given a quick stir.
- Consult your Riverina representative for more information on how to feed this product.
|Cattle Type||Target Intakes|
|Weaners||0.15 - 0.40 kg / head / day|
|Steers & Heifers - Pre Feedlot||0.30 - 0.60 kg / head / day|
- NOTE: If intakes exceed, the above levels contact your local Riverina representative.
- DISCONTINUE FEEDING IF INTAKES EXCEED:
0.80KG/HEAD/DAY FOR STEERS AND HEIFERS;
0.50KG/HEAD/DAY FOR WEANER CATTLE.
- Refer to “Directions for Use of Liquid Pasture Supplements”.
|As Fed||Dry Matter|
- RIVERINA BACKGROUNDER SELECT® is free-flowing and less viscous than molasses.
- Ingredients are held in suspension to reduce settling so that there is a consistent supply of nutrients.
- Added organic zinc helps with lean tissue growth, hoof and tissue repair.
- Manufactured to strict quality control standards for incoming raw materials and the finished product.
- Formulated in accordance with current research into ruminant nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
This feed contains Flavo® which supplies flavophospholipol at 25 mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis to improve feed conversion efficiency and weight gain and Coxidin® which supplies monensin sodium at 200mg/kg on an ‘as fed’ basis of feed to improve feed efficiency.
Also available without medication as a PCAS Approved Supplement.
Meat – Nil.
Milk – Nil.
This product meets PCAS requirements if supplied without medication.